Yes that is right! For the clean eating advocates amongst us here is the recipe for a gluten free pizza without any of the nasties found in commercial gluten free options such as gums & stabilisers. This recipe is easy to make, and: because the base is BASE-ically cauliflower, you get to tick off another of you 7 a day! (yes, the more veg the better. I roughly get in between 7-9 portions of veg a day. How much veg do you eat?)
All you need is a good blender, a clean tea towel and a lined baking tin. The sky is the limit with your toppings, I had mine with passata, pear, blue cheese and walnut. Topped with some rocket afterwards.
1 head of cauliflower, florets broken off in pieces
1tbsp grated parmesan
1tsp mixed herbs of your choice. Because it is a pizza, I like going for thyme, oregano and dried basil.
salt and pepper to taste
- Put the cauliflower florets in your blender/food processor and blend until it looks like cauliflower rice. You might have to do this in batches if the blender is small.
- Line a big bowl with the tea towel (one of those smooth ones, not the hand towel like one) Pour the cauliflower on top of the towel, once the whole cauliflower is on it: grab the ends of the towel and twist to ‘wring’ out the liquid of the cauliflower.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Mix the herbs, parmesan and salt and pepper with the cauliflower.
- Spread the mix out evenly and as thin as possible on your pre-lined baking tin. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare your toppings. Cut the veggies you want to use, get your sauce ready, grate cheese.
- Take the pizza base out of the oven, cover with your toppings and bake for another 10 minutes. Take out of the baking tin, cut to share (or not) and ENJOY!