This salad is so versatile, you can add any nuts, seeds, and colourful berries you want. You can even cook the rice in a pan with a couple of tablespoons of water to have a hot side dish. (add all the other ingredients after cooking)
Cauliflower is rich in Vitamin C, so a great addition to your immune boosting diet. It also contains vitamin K, folate, pantothenic acid and Vitamin B6. On top of that: cauliflower is a good source of dietary fiber, has low calories and carbohydrates and has an array of minerals.
1 small head of cauliflower
1 finely chopped red onion
1 heaped teaspoon turmeric
1 heaped teaspoon cumin
1 handful of almond flakes
1 handful of shelled pistacios
1 handful of raisins or better even: goji berries
salt and pepper to taste
- Put the almonds in a dry pan and toast at low heat until brown and fragrant. Make sure for them not to burn, so keep a close eye on it.
- Put the raisins or berries in a bowl and add some boiling water, set aside to well. Once welled, drain and gently dry.
- Grate the whole cauliflower in a bowl on a fine grater to create a rice-like consistency.
- Add the turmeric and cumin and stir until combined
- Add the finely chopped onion
- Toast the pistachios the same way as you did the almonds
- Mix in the raisins/berries, almonds and pistachios into the cauliflower
- Deseed the pomegranate and add the seeds to the salad.
- Season to taste….. Enjoy!